Premier Watch Repair Service Time Slots
Time is a precious commodity. There just isn’t enough of it to go around. I have hundreds of customers and everyone (well, most people) want their watch repaired fast and perfectly. I am only one man and only have a limited amount of time to provide to everyone so…..
We are now offering our customers a way to purchase a specific premier time slot where the only thing that will be worked on is their job until it is finished. All our efforts and resources will be totally committed and brought to bear upon this one project until it is brought to completion. It will be the only project on the bench during that time, and every effort will be made to get the job done within the specified time slot. Parts can and will be made, and we will search the world resources to find the materials needed to repair your item and get the job done. Naturally, premium repair and restoration services are limited to a specific number of customers in order to achieve proper priority management. As such, this necessitates a corresponding fee for services.
This service will allow us the time and financial resources to perform complex repairs in a timely fashion, providing us the uninterrupted time to devote entirely to one job. We will be able to rapidly finish a job that would normally take months to complete but still provide us with the cash flow to cover operating expenses.
We have a complete micro machine shop at our site. We have the skills and capabilities to repair/reproduce practically anything. If we cannot, we will find someone who can. Contact us for more info
Some valuable services offered are…
- Dial printing
- Case making
- Metalworking, IE gold and silver, soldering, brazing, welding, stone setting
- Heat treatment
- Surface finishes
- Research history of your watch
- Crystal cutting
- Parts manufacturing
- Hairspring vibrating
- Pressure testing
- Photo documentation
How it works
First, you will send your item to us for evaluation. We will evaluate the watch and determine first if it is even eligible for premier dedication. Then, we will estimate the time, resources, and materials required to complete the job. Next, we will calculate a plan for the job and contact you to go over our findings. You would be purchasing a specific time slot, and we would devote the entire time slot to only your repair. For jobs that require a long time (over a couple of weeks) to finish we may have to split your slot into a couple of slots in order to take care of the normal operations of the shop, and we would arrange this ahead of time. If we are unable to finish your job in the allotted time and go over the deadline, we would provide a discount of the paid premier charge: Over by 3 days a 25% discount, over by 4-6 days a 50% discount, over by 7-9 days a 75% discount. Photos, and occasionally videos, will be taken, and updates of the process will be shared with you.
To summarize the process in steps:
- We receive your watch.
- Evaluate the repairs needed.
- Estimate the time, resources, and materials needed as well as the estimated cost of said repairs and the date by which the job will be completed.
- Provide the estimated repairs and costs of repairs to you along with the charge for the premier service time slot. Typically, the premier service is 70% additional of the cost of the repair. For example, if the repair is estimated to be $800-$1000.00, the premier service time slot charge will be $750.00 (75% of $1000.00). The premier service time slot charge, if you choose to proceed with that service, must be paid at the time of approval to proceed with the repair. The premier service time slot charge will not change upon completion of the job (unless we go over the deadline, as described above).
- After the job is completed and invoiced, payment will be expected upon receipt of the invoice. After the invoice is paid, the item will be shipped either express mail (allow 2-3 days) or registered mail (allow 7-14 days) via the United States Postal Service. The shipping method used will depend upon the value of the watch (as dictated by our insurance company). We use express mail whenever possible.
If you are interested in the premier time slot service and have further questions or concerns, please contact us. We would be happy to discuss them with you.
- Estimated time required for various tasks….
- Cleaning, oiling, and regulation, minor repairs, parts replacement, case and bracelet refinishing, and observation of a high grade watch.: 1-2 weeks.
- Same as above with the addition of a part or two being custom made: 2-4 weeks.
- The addition of several or difficult parts can take up to a month or more depending on the resources required.
- Complex crystal cutting and fitting: 1-2 days unless special materials need to be ordered.
- Staff / stem making: 1-2 days unless special materials need to be ordered.
- Case repairs such as hinges, lugs, polishing, minor restoration, etc.: 1-3 days.
- Bezels, backs, and other major case restoration: 2 days – 1 week unless special materials need to be ordered.
- Hairspring vibrating: 2 days – 1week unless special materials need to be ordered.
- Gear cutting: 2 days – 1 week unless special materials need to be ordered.
- Dial refinishing is typically not done on site, although we do have the capabilities to do so. We use International Dial Co. in Ohio. They are the best all around for dial restoration that we have ever used. That being the case, I cannot control the amount of time it takes to get the dial back. If your watch needs the dial refinished I would start your job when the dial is back.