Watch Repair Shipping Instructions
- Complete the Watch/Clock Repair Form, print it out and send it with your watch. Enclose a check for $30 made out to Carignan Watch Company. Why $30? Because it costs an average of $20 to return an item to a customer via registered postal mail with insurance, which is the only way we ship. It also covers the cost of time. The watch has to be opened to diagnose why it is not working. This could take a couple of minutes or it could take several minutes to evaluate. If there are parts needed, time is spent looking for the part and pricing it out. If you decide to go forward with repairing your timepiece, the $30 is applied to the invoice. If you decide not to go forward with the repair, we will ship your item back to you right away.
- Pack the item using plenty of soft packing material. Packages have to be taped with brown paper tape. The preferred type is the kind you have to wet to use. The pre-glued tape may not be accepted as some has a waxy surface. No plastic tape allowed. The reason for this is the stamp used to seal the package must be on a surface that will not smear or allow tampering without detection.
- Please do not send the original box or literature your watch came with when new unless requested. We will not store them nor keep track of them for you.
- Ship your item using the USPS (Post Office), registered mail with insurance and a return receipt, to our postal address listed below. This is also how your item will be sent back to you. Please do not send your watch with a prepaid Fed-Ex or UPS return label, we will not use it except under certain circumstances.
- Clearly label the box with your name and return address. Label the box with CWC as the ‘To’ address name, not ‘Carignan Watch Company.’ This ensures no one will know there is a valuable watch or jewelry item in the package, adding a small measure of security. Our mailing address is PO Box 562, Belmont, NH 03220-0562, USA
We ship and receive hundreds of packages every year and have never had a problem. That doesn’t mean a problem can’t happen, but it is unlikely. We take every precaution possible to ensure the safety of every item we receive. Our shop is complete and modern. Our store is protected by cameras and a monitored electronic security system. We only use the highest quality tools, materials and parts available. We are also fully insured.
We moved to our new location. Now our watch repair shop and micro machine shop are both at the same place making it much easier to work efficiently
Our new Physical address is :
Carignan Watch Co
38 Church Street
Shipping address is still:
P.O. Box 562